Saturday 2 March 2013

Kerala style Beef Dry fry(Beef ularthiyathu)


 I am very happy to share dis recipe because many memories are attached to this…When I was in hostel, I used to miss this spl dish prepared by my Mom..Back @ home , sometimes my bro used to bring ...dis for me , covered in a plastic n newspaper…It had a spl taste n flavor which I cherish always…ok..enough of ma stories..Let's go for the recipe:)

 Ingredients:
1/2 Kg Beef ( Cut into small cubes)
2tbsp Chillipowder
1tsp turmeric powder
2tbsp Coriander powder
2tbsp Pepper powder
Salt (For taste)
1Big Onion
1Tomato
Ginger (small one)
Garlic (small one)
Coconut cuts ( Thenga kothu) – handful
Curry leaves handful
Oil
 
Method:
 1. Put the cubed beef in to a pressure cooker n add 1tsp turmeric powder n salt along with very little water. (don’t put more water). Then cook for 3-4 whistles. Don’t open the pressure cooker immediately.
2. Bythat time heat oil in a deep kadai n splutter mustard seeds n add chopped onions, ginger garlic. When onion turns color, add chopped tomato. Cook for another 2-3mint.
3. Then add chilli,pepper n coriander powder n mix well. Cook for 2mint.
4. Add cooked beef.
5. Take a separate pan n put very little oil n roast coconut cuts n curry leaves. Add it in to the beef n give a good stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment